[mythtv-users] universal remotes / PVR 500

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 11:31:42 EDT 2005

I don't think that the PVR-500 has a remote control
option, since it was meant mainly for MCE (Windows
Media Center Edition) PCs, which already have a remote
control with them.  Therefore, there is no way to
connect an IR receiver to it (unless one of the
onboard headers lets you do it, but I think they're
only for a S-Video/composite bracket).

If your onboard IR receiver works with lirc, then
you're set, if not, you'll need to get one.  There are
designs available if you can build one yourself, if
not, there are places where you can buy them pre-made.

-- Joe