[mythtv-users] Re: programming universal remote (OFA Kameleon)?

Claude Boucher bouchecl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:32:18 EDT 2005

I assume you use the IR receiver of a Hauppauge PVR-x50 series card?

If so, you should be aware that UEIC, the manufacturer of the Kameleon has
created a code to basically match the code on the old grey Hauppauge remote.
I think it's VCR code 1994. If you don't have this code already in your
remote, have it downloaded by UEIC. Call the customer support toll-free
number (it should be in your user manual) and they'll fix that for you
(you'll have to put your remote near your telephone headset). I have the
Canadian version of this remote (the URC9962) and it worked for me. I even
used Jarod's Hauppauge lircrc file!

 I have a One For All Kameleon URC 9960. The innards should be similar