[mythtv-users] Program title prefixed with 'The' - filtered from All Recordings ?

Greg Foster greg.foster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:12:48 EDT 2005

First off, thanks to everyone for donating their time to making such a
great kit !

Here's my situation...  Recording a show for my son 'BackYardigans'...
okay, it's got some catchy music, but anyways... :)

For the longest time, it was 'Backyardigans' in the program listings.
I found out I was missing some episodes, and learned that on another
channel, 'The Backyardigans' was also running.  I added a recording
schedule for the second, and things seemed okay.  After an upgrade to
0.18.1 (mysql-dump'd the db, moved to knoppmyt, extracted the INSERT
INTO statements as per the docs) everything seemed okay.  Seems I'm
missing 'Backyardigans' from the recordings menu on the left hand
side.

After much reading, I was convinced that I simply had a different
recording group set somewhere.  Not the case.  Second, perhaps the
video files didn't get copied over, it it was a permissions issue.
MythWeb sees both titles fine, and will serve you the .nuv if you ask
it to.  The catch is that in 'All recordings', if you scroll down the
right hand side, you'll see both titles, and all episodes are there
(and will play).

Looking for some advice,help.  I've browsed the records attempting to
find a difference between the two, and why one isn't showing... but no
luck yet.

Also, is there a facility to handle recordings that may have 'The' in
front of them, so as to group together when viewing ?

Not sure what we need, so I'll start here:

Thanks in advance - and if I've missed something simple, I'll gladly
read some more.
Greg.

mysql> select recgroup,title,subtitle from recorded where title like 'Back%';
+----------+---------------+------------------------------+
| recgroup | title         | subtitle                     |
+----------+---------------+------------------------------+
| Default  | Backyardigans | Eureka                       |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Secret Mission               |
| Default  | Backyardigans |                              |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Knights Are Brave and Strong |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Cave People                  |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Polka Palace Party           |
| Default  | Backyardigans | It's Great to Be a Ghost     |
| Default  | Backyardigans | The Yeti                     |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Riding the Range             |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Pirate Treasure              |
| Default  | Backyardigans | The Heart of the Jungle      |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Viking Voyage                |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Quest for the Flying Rock    |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Surf's Up                    |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Defending the Snow Fort      |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Castaways                    |
| Default  | Backyardigans | Princess Cleo-Tasha          |
17 rows in set (0.02 sec)

mysql> select recgroup,title,subtitle from recorded where title like
'The Back%';
| recgroup | title             | subtitle      |