[mythtv-users] Anyone successfully displaying 720p or above on a Pundit?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:40:00 EDT 2005

On 24/07/05, Scott <catfather at donpoo.net> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > I have a Pundit (the one with Sis 650, not the -R) connected to a DCT
> > 6200 cable box (Comcast in Philly) via firewire.  I installed Myth
> > following Jarod's guide using FC3, latest atrpms packages.  I have no
> > trouble displaying the NTSC-size channels coming in over the firewire,
> > but I have problems trying to display 1280X720 or 1920X1080 HD
> > channels, so I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this on a
> > Pundit and got past the problem.
> I have the same box but have abandon the onboard SIS because of a
> problem during playback of DVDs where the screen would intermittently
> jump or lose sync for a half of second. Sound wasn't affected. Back
> when I was using the onboard I used the latest sis_drv from Thomas
> (http://www.winischhofer.net/) rather than what the distro provided.
> While I had the onboard SIS running I saw no problems with playback
> of 1080i and 720p content while outputting 1270x720 via the DVI. My
> testing was done with the 1920x1080 tst.ts file found on the
> pchtdv.com site in the download section and some other 1920x1080 mpeg
> demo clips I have.

I'm also using the latest SIS driver from winischhofer.net.  Hmm, when
I play the pchdtv.com sample in mplayer, I get video of some people on
a train (and it's doubled horizontally so there are two images of the
same thing).  When I play the same one within Myth, I get video of a
man and a woman singing, and it plays completely properly.  I guess
there are two channels in that stream, but I don't know why mplayer
chooses one and Myth the other.

You say you had to abandon onboard SIS.  What did you use instead?  My
Pundit has no AGP slot.