[mythtv-users] nuvimport?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 23 11:00:56 EDT 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:

>I set up my back end several weeks before I had a workin frontend, and
>at the time I only had a single hard drive (I've since moved to RAID5),
>so i used nuvexport to convert a lot of shows into mpegs to save space.
>Now that I have two working front ends I'm slowly catching up, but it's
>just plain inconvenient to watch stuff using mplayer because there's no
>commercial detection and deleting a show when I'm done involves
>navigating the nfs directories manually and then rescanning the
>directory in video maintenance mode to clear out the listing.
>
>Is there any way to import videos and scan for commercials?
>
>Is there a simpler way to maintain non-nuv content?

Give it a proper name and put it in the proper location and run
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl (from the contrib directory).

Then, run mythcommflag -f <filename> or (probably better), use
mythfrontend to add a commflag job to the queue for the imported files.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/131476#131476 for
more info.  Ignore the stuff about deleting the existing copy, but the
info about filename formats and the procedure for rebuilding the
database still applies...

Mike