[mythtv-users] PVR 500MCE worth the trouble yet?

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:02:51 EDT 2005

On 7/22/05, Jurgen Kramer <gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net> wrote:
> The PVR 500MCE's price is getting nicer and nicer and I am thinking
> about getting one. I currently use 2 PVR 250s without problems. Is it
> worth the hassle buying a 500MCE and tossing out one of the 250s?

If you are already running smoothly with your 250s, I'd recommend
sticking to them until the driver is mature enough. I have a
PVR-500MCE running nicely in my system but I've read reports of people
still struggling with theirs.

If  the hacker in you feel up to it, well.. ;)

> Can the 500 be mixed with a 250?

I don't see why not. But you'd have to confirm by reading the threads. ;)

--
cyth