[mythtv-users] Setting up time syncronisation

Geek Stuff stuff.geek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:53:39 EDT 2005

I've trying to set up time syncing on my Mythbox as the time seems to
drifting quite badly...

I've added

ntpdate ntp2d.mcc.ac.uk

to cron which worked fine, and adjusted the time, unfortunately by an
hour... to the correct UTC time. I've adjusted my system to the
correct local time BST (British Summer Time  UTC+1) with

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/GB /etc/localtime

which now shows the correct local time....

However, Mythweb (and therefore I guess MythTV) still shows the UTC time...

I don't know it's a problem yet as the next show isn't recording foe
another 20mins, but I guess it will be... what am I missing here???

Lee

ntpdate ntp2d.mcc.ac.uk