[mythtv-users] FC4 + MythTV 0.18-113.rhfc4.at ( LIRCD Problem )

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:07:47 EDT 2005

Atendor:

Take a look in /var/log/messages for anything of relevance.  Also, in
Jarod's guide look after the lirc section he has a little note:

----------- quote ----------------------

UPDATE: I think I finally have a completely viable, universal fix to
get both ivtv and lirc modules (no matter which lirc module you're
using, as long as its in modprobe.conf) loading very early in the boot
process. I simply made a few changes to rc.sysinit, which you can add
to your system via a patch I've generated. You'll still need to remove
the first line from /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules, leaving only
'KERNEL="lirc0",   SYMLINK="lirc"' in there, then download and apply
this diff:
# tail -1 /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules > /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules.tmp
# mv /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules.tmp /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules
# wget https://svn.wilsonet.com/svn/mythtvology/trunk/rc.sysinit-mm.diff
# patch /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit < rc.sysinit-mm.diff

With these changes, everything finally initializes correctly at boot
time on my boxes. I never really looked into this one much earlier,
since my boxes never reboot. ;-)

Anyhow, at this point, you should be able to start up lircd:

----------- end quote ----------------------

This appears to resolve some conflicts between lirc and ivtv.  You
might want to try that.  I was having no trouble with lirc, but I
could not get ivtv to load.  Jarod's suggestion got ivtv to load on
boot.

I've built two boxes on FC4.  The first, with a PVR-250 had no issues,
the second, with a PVR-350 has had all sorts of problems with IVTV
(actually, with bttv, cx88xx and tveeprom).  I've got a note posted
over on the IVTV list about it, so hopefully I'll get an answer.  It
could be that there are some additional problems for the 350 under
FC4, but I hope not.

I'm looking forward to Jarod's take on FC4 to see if there is anything I missed.

Good luck.

George