[mythtv-users] mythweather scheduling

Pat Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:35:42 EDT 2005

I'm setting up my first myth box, and am struggling with a few issues.
One is that I have a dial-up connection because there isn't any available
broadband in my area.  And, mythweather isn't real dial-up friendly.  It
pretty often fails to get updates and especially retrieve the radar
images.

Is there any way to tune mythweather better for dial-up, maybe make the
timeouts longer.  And, even better, is there any way to schedule it to
retrieve the data from cron?

I've looked around, but haven't found any information on this.

Thanks.