[mythtv-users] mythfrontend configuration - where is it stored?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:55:13 EDT 2005

Phill,
   What you're telling me makes sense, if I were a programmer...

   What disappoints me about this answer is that I want to ship two
new frontend machines to my parents. Up until this little roadblock
all I needed to edit in their config to put the machines on their
network is the info in the .mythtv/mysql.txt file to point to their
backend server and the machines should come up and see the backend.
This will allow them to watch programs and use the machine, but they
won't be able to shut the machines off as they won't have access to
this one command. Since these machines have no keyboards, they cannot
type in the command themselves. Fixing this means getting remote
access to their network through ssh, which I have, so it can be fixed.
(I think....but it may be a bit difficult...)

   I guess it's just but it seems ths command would be better located
in the mysql.txt file. I personally don't see the need for the server
to know anything about this, but I'm probably missing something
obvious that the developers know.

   Overall this use of the main database server for a lot of this
config data (like themes, etc.) is a bit disappointing, but that's
life sometimes.

Thanks,
Mark