[mythtv-users] Myth tv ready for FC-4 ?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Wed Jul 20 14:27:54 EDT 2005

I can't say exactly why I am having as many issues FC3 as I have,  FC1 and
FC2 were quite stable for me as were RH 7, 8, and 9.
But of all the Redhat products I've used in the past FC3 has been a real
problem child for me.
Perhaps I should revert to RH 8 or 9.  While I can't exactly say myth is a
mission critical system, I would like to have 95% up time.
I only have tried to install myth on FC3 which is pretty much where the
problems began.
It could be that I have a knack for breaking things, I do after all have
several years of software testing experience.
Or it could be that the installation guides have a bit ambiguity contained
in them.
Or it could be that FC-x and myth are not fully developed and bug free
systems.
Then again if could be any combination of the above. But probably most
likely is operator error.

In any event, the current install is highly unstable and instead of spending
days researching the issues, the path of lesser resistance and time spent is
a reformat or partition and install of the OS.

The question remains, fc3 or fc4 for myth?

I'm opting for fc4.