[mythtv-users] OT: Indoor OTA HDTV Antenna Recommendations

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 11:38:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:14:27AM -0400, al wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good indoor OTA HDTV antenna?
>
> According to antennaweb.org, I live ~6.2 miles from a bunch of OTA
> stations (center city Philadelphia). I'm on the 10th floor of an
> apartment building, so an outdoor antenna is not an option.

I have a similar situation to you, and use a Radio Shack 15-1868
indoor antenna split to 2 x HD-3000 cards:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F001%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1868&site=search

The clerk encouraged me to buy it, test it out, and return it if it
didn't work. In any case, it was only $20.

I've also tried the Zenith "Silver Sensor" ZHDTV1 (a.k.a. Philips
PM-HDTV1). I found that it didn't work as well for me.

> Are these Terk models any good?
>
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=terk+antenna+hdtv&pid=4694681141821754546

I've never used a Terk model, but it looks similar to the Zenith I
mentioned above.

Have fun,
--Rob