[mythtv-users] recording live TV

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Jul 20 00:49:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to use "R" to begin recording the currently playing video, but
when I press R, it simply displays R "" on top, it doesn't really start
recording. Nothing shows up in the "Previously Recorded" section. Maybe
mythtv doesn't have the program information, so it doesn't assign a name to
the recording? The video source I have setup is with DataDirect, but I'm
getting errors retrieving lineups (I get "401 Unauthorized" on the http
request). But in any case, even though DataDirect is not pulling in data,
what I'm currently connected to is a DVD player, which obviously is not
related to any listings. How can I use "R" as a one-touch record feature?

Another thing is I have to run alsactl everytime I start Watch TV, it seems
to reset the volume so I need to run alsactl to restore the settings I want.
Is there a way to do this automatically?

Thanks
Ricardo