AW: [mythtv-users] mythbackend on Gentoo

pschormeir at pschormeir at
Tue Jul 19 20:56:29 EDT 2005

Hi !

I've also had similar problem with my gentoo - mythtv construction

try the following :
Has the user in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend permissions on the logfile, is this
user a member of the groups video and audio ?
Reset the service with /etc/init.d/mythbackend zap before trying to restart
it !
Any left over pid files like /var/run/ ?
Does the mysql.txt file have the right settings for the database server ?
Is there a nfslockfile.lock in the /mnt/store, delete it.

Hope this helps.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at]Im Auftrag von Erich Beckmann
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005 02:32
An: mythtv
Betreff: [mythtv-users] mythbackend on Gentoo

I just finished installing Myth on Gentoo and everything is working fine
with one exception:
The rc script that is supposed to start mythbackend in the default
runlevel does not seem to function properly.
If I start mythbackend manually form the command line everything works
I can't seem to find any reason for this. Especially since the script in
/etc/init.d says the backend is running fine but ps and mythfrontend
tell a different story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erich Beckmann - junk account
void at