[mythtv-users] No sound in some recordings

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Jul 19 20:46:04 EDT 2005

Ben Holt wrote:

>On 7/19/05, Chris Rouch <chris.rouch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm getting no sound on one tuner (I think) of a PVR500 with ivtv
>>0.3.6w. Dropping back to 0.3.5l fixes it. I've a vague recollection of
>>seeing a message on the ivtv list that it broke for PAL tuners around
>>0.3.6v, but I've not had time to check this.
>>

>Occassionally I don't get sound on my PVR250 on channel 3 (CBC), but
>have never noticed it on another channel or on either of my M179s.
>The PVR250 is relatively new so I can't say whether this was
>introduced in a recent ivtv release or not.
>
>- Ben

Some testing on a dual PVT500 system i'm preparing for producction use.
Not yet there though...

0.3.6.t: audio OK, video OK except on one channel on each of the second
tuners. Its always the same channel with video problems. And only on the
secondary tuner. Problems: after a while colors become washed-out or
even b&w. waiting still longer may solve it for a while. But on the
problem channel color is not stable.

0.3.6z: same video behaviour as 3.6t, no audio
0.3.7: same video behaviour, mostly no audio, sometimes after >1 min
after channel change audio will start. Channel change after this causes
audio loss. This is on all tuners.

Cheers,

Rudy

P.S. Now if i could find why the colors get washed out on only 1
channel, on the secondary tuner, i could get this into production with
0.3.6.t...

P.P.S with only 1 PVR500 0.3.6t was working perfect.