[mythtv-users] MythShyte: One unhappy customer

antec antec30 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:28:06 EDT 2005

I apologise for my hot-headedness.

I gave KnoppMyth a go first off and my bt878 got blacklisted. There was
nothing configurable on this DELL bios so I scrapped that.

Theres nothing fancy about the pixelview bt878 that Im using, just a
genreic. I got that to work correctly under fc3. No problems with the nvidia
driver as the module loaded ok after the installer complied the kernel
module. The nvidia splash screen came up on startx and all was fine.

I have been working at this for weeks and Im no stranger to linux. I just
avoided the hassles with compiling my own version because of all the
variables. If need be, I can complie everything from source, but I dont
think that would really help. Do you?