[mythtv-users] MythShyte: One unhappy customer

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Tue Jul 19 16:25:19 EDT 2005

from the docs

-A PIII/733MHz system can encode one video stream using the MPEG-4 codec
using 480x480 capture resolution. This does not allow for live TV
watching, but does allow for encoding video and then watching it later.

your just barely cutting it.. if you want to use that 1ghz system
effiecntly get a hardware based tv card like the PVR-250,350,500,150 or
lower the bitrate and resolution that you are using to record with your
software based card..

shitting all over mythtv will get you nowhere.. i suggest wording things
better in the future..you're lucky there is some really good guys on
this list..