[mythtv-users] irw problems

Al Furman furmana at email.com
Mon Jul 18 23:11:42 EDT 2005

I am building a myth box using Jarod's guide and have been stuck
getting lirc to work with the IR receiver from zapway.de.
I can see signals from my remote using mode2 and when I cat /dev/lirc
or /dev/lirc0.  I see no signals when I run irw.  There are no
relevant errors in /var/log/messages or dmesg.  I have tested using
different remotes and lircd config files to no avail.  I am going to
try compiling lirc in debug mode next, but was wondering if anyone in
the group had any suggestions I may be missing.

Thanks