[mythtv-users] FYI: bttv at-testing upgrade breaks PVR-250 with type 50 tuner

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 20:55:21 EDT 2005

Hey All,

Just a heads up for anyone that's running a PVR-250 with a type-50
tuner.  Upgrading to the July version of bttv and v4l on atrpms
breaks tuning on my PVR-250 which has the type 50 tuner.  Symptom is
that the channel won't change and you'll see 'tuner unset' in the
logs from the tuner module.  the tveeprom module seems to still
detect the tuner type fine.  It also doesn't work if I set the type
with options ivtv tuner=50.

logs look like:
tuner 0-0061: tuner type not set

Anyway, just wanted to warn if anyone else has similar headaches.

I downgraded to the 310 version and all is fine again.

Later/
John.