[mythtv-users] Re: Setting up, checking system, and hopefully help others.

George Shammas georgyo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:28:21 EDT 2005

Let me start off by saying thank you. you really answered  all my
questions. I think that what I decided to do, is have the Hauppauge
350 on each of the boxes, and get a serial IR blaster, after doing
seraching last night, the USB version is not linux friendlly.

All the boxes will be both FE/BE but the Master BE won't have any
tunners, its only goal is to control the other boxes that are spread
accorss my house.  All the slave BE will send their recorded data to
the Master. Which is good, because the firewire drives must stay in
the basement.

So Plus this gives me tons of expandibility, if I get high def,
nothing I have needs to be completely replaced, and they already have
enough power do their need tasks.

In two weeks I am ording parts, and 3 weeks I'll be set.

Thank you again.
George Shammas