[mythtv-users] MythBrowser Setup

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:58:00 EDT 2005

After compiling MythBrowser without any errors,
I restarted mythfrontend, expecting to see something
either on the first screen with Watch TV, etc., or maybe
down inside Setup.

There was no sign of MythBrowser in mythfrontend.

So, after a little trial-and-error, I exited mythfrontend
and entered

 mythbrowser http://www.google.com

and the Google page came up.

But I still haven't found the MythBrowser Settings page
anywhere, and more basically I have this question:

How do I start MythBrowser from mythfrontend ?

The help text for mythfrontend says that you can specify
a plugin on its command line, so I tried that.  The mythfrontend
log shows entries saying that it can't find any plugin named

 /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/liblibmythbrowser.so

I must have missed a step somewhere along the way.
If you know what I missed, or have any other ideas as
to how to get MythBrowser running under mythfrontend,
please let me know.

Thanks,

--
MM