[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] ivtv troubles

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Sat Jul 16 11:26:35 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 08:58:40AM -0400, Jeff volckaert wrote:
> Please post if this works for you.  I have a FC4 system with 2.6.12
> and an old PVR-250 card which has such a jumpy picture I can watch it.
>  I have been very frustrated trying various version of the IVTV driver
> without success.

My problem turned out to be an old debug=1 setting in /etc/modules.conf
and /etc/modules.d/aliases. Removing the line from both then allowed all
of the modules to load properly. However, after that I could no longer
change channels.

I decided to upgrade to the most recent ivtv "testing" version which as
of the time is ivtv-0.3.6z. Unpacked, compiled, modprobed and I am back
in business. The testing drivers are working just fine for me.
--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org

11:23:44 up 1 day, 21:09, 2 users, load average: 1.59, 0.90, 0.35