[mythtv-users] experience for belgium + problems

leszek leszek at skynet.be
Sat Jul 16 07:09:09 EDT 2005

Le samedi 16 juillet 2005 à 11:01 +0200, Stef Coene a écrit :
> On Saturday 16 July 2005 09:44, leszek wrote:
> <snip>
> > I noticed that they are the channels with the lower frequencies !
> > I already got a little noise on these channels so maybe there is a noise
> > detection mechanism which trigger too fast.
> > what can i do ?
> I don't know, but let me tell what I did :)  All channes are working fine for
> me, except for some noice oon "vtm".
>
> In mythtv-setup, I choosed a random grabber (it does not matter which one,
> because it never runs).
> I use the grabber from http://nerdhero.org/index.php/Howtos/MythTV.  Running
> tv_grab_be_tvb for the first time fills the channel database with data.  I
> used mythtv to give the channels a name and a number.  The frequency for the
> channels in your area can be found on http://www.zenders.be/keuze.jsp.
>
> That's it.  Filling all the frequences took most of the time.
>
> This is my crontab line for the grabber:
> 0 4 * * * /usr/bin/tv_grab_be_tvb > ~mythtv/guide.xml
> && /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 ~mythtv/guide.xml

i didn't explain myself well.
the tv_grabber works well
the frequencies are the good ones ( i took them from my provider )
http://www.coditel.be/Default.aspx?tabid=73
they are also the same as scantv of xawtv gave me

these channels display fine on xawtv and others tv software but
sometimes with a little noise ( the same thing in the real television)

these channels do not display at all on mythtv (i can still see the
actual programming at the bottom)

the others channels display fine on mythtv.

thanks,
Leszek