[mythtv-users] Missing data from DataDirect

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sat Jul 16 01:45:56 EDT 2005

I'm having a problem with program data missing for after 9PM. It seems
identical to what was happening in this thread
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/70645), but that
was 15.1 and I'm using 18. The guide data for the major networks is
there, but most of the cable channels are missing their data. I haven't
noticed anyone else mentioning this problem recently.

The strange thing is that the data is there for the weekend. Currently,
I am missing 7/19-7/22 and 7/25-7/28.

I've rebuilt mythfilldatabase with two changes. I enabled the
--dd-grab-all option, which I just used (7/16 12:34AM local time), and
the missing data was filled in out to 7/26, but I still have partial
listings for 7/27-7/28. I also added an option --maxday, that overrides
that variable in the code, so that I can try bumping it down (looks
like 10 would be the correct value).

Searching in gossamer, I didn't find anyone else having this type of
problem since 2004. Is anyone else seeing this? Did zap2it change the
number of days of data that they carry?