[mythtv-users] Q: Using MythTV as a router

Arno Puder arno_puder at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 16:33:45 EDT 2005

--- Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Arno Puder wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to use MythTV in the following way:
> >
> >- run MythTV on a PC without a monitor
> >- capture the video signal and stream it into the
> >  Internet.
> >- use another machine as a client to watch the
> stream.
> >- possibly change channels remotely.
> >
> >Can this be done with MythTV?
> >

> Do you want something more than a backend and a
> separate frontend?
> That's what your requirements sounds like.

I guess a MythTV backend can run on a monitor-less PC
while the content is streamed to the frontend. Is that
correct?

Can I reduce the resolution before streaming since I
want to stream over the Internet?

While we are at it: what happens if there is a
firewall between backend and frontend?

TIA,
Arno