[mythtv-users] De-interlacing on a non-interlaced display

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 01:29:40 EDT 2005

(I'm a MythTV newbie,  so maybe I'm just missing something in the
config.  But, anyway, here is my observation so far.)

I have noticed similar issues on my ATSC / QAM MythTV box.   When
deinterlacing is on, I get weird effects on the OSD.  I also see
effects on progressive content (720p stations, like Fox-HD, ABC-HD,
and ESPN-HD).

I had assumed that the de-interlacing would adapt to the video source,
and turn off processing when doing progressive content.  Apparently
this is not the case,  but that would be an excellent feature
enhancement.