[mythtv-users] Re: IVTV, FC4 & PVR-250 broken?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 14 17:35:23 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 08:24:24AM -0400, Jeff volckaert wrote:
> > Is IVTV broken under FC4 with a PVR-250?  Anyone got it working?  If
> > so, can you post what version and your modprobe.conf?  Also, what
> > firmware are you using?

> > Did kernel 2.6.12 change something?

I saw replies to your original question so I didn't bother to chime in.
Yes, there was a change in the i2c driver between 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 that
broke the 0.2.0-rc3j release of ivtv.  A new rc3k release is available
but has not made it onto the sourceforge listing for some reason so you
have to search the wikis for it.  I don't know if anyone has made rc3k
binaries for the various distros yet, but installing from source is easy
assuming you have compiled your own kernel.