[mythtv-users] New Install Recommendations

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Thu Jul 14 09:58:52 EDT 2005

At 09:37 AM 7/14/2005, you wrote:
> > KnoppMyth!
>
>I tried this last night and the remote didn't work out of the box. I
>wasn't sure how to troubleshoot it, so I just didn't bother. I didn't
>expect for everything to work magically but I was able to watch TV
>after the install using the keyboard and that was a huge plus.

Much the same as my initial install. You need to set up the lircd.conf with
the keystrokes for your remote and then modify the ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
file to use the same remote key names. it's not difficult and the remote
set up seems to be the SILVER one but I had the gray. I was really
surprised at the variations in key names between the lircd.conf and the
lircrc files. I've got most of the keys on my remote working the way I
expected now. My trouble at the moment seems to be that the remote stops
working at certain times but I'm running unstable drivers due to having a
pvr-150 in along with my pvr-350. The 350 alone worked within hours of