[mythtv-users] nuvexport errors doing DVD export

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:20:20 EDT 2005

So I just took another look at nuvexport deciding I need to get it
working so I can watch my shows on the train to work.

I used to get pipe errors and from seasrching the forum ;) I see it is
likely to be the string of pipes that causes it.  So I checked I had
ffmpeg, yuvdenoise, yuvdeinterlace and the like and I seem to from
what I can tell.

Still, I would get a crach and burn from the ffmpeg command (I ran it
seperate to try and track down the problem though ffmpeg doesn't
identify it for you).

Anyways, more searching led me to the --transcode option of nuvexport
and upon running, the first menu actually allows me to do XviD now
(which I can't in normal mode) and it works fine, enabling all the
options (cut list, denoise, interlaced etc).

What is the transcode option and how does it differ from normal
nuvexport?  Why can I transcode to Xvid but not nuvexport.  I am going
to be able to play these in BetaPlayer on the PocketPC aren't I?

Cheers,
Whytey

On 7/13/05, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> ffrr wrote:
>

> > OK.  Odd though, because I have the transcode rpm installed
> >
> > transcode-1.0.0-0.rc1.0.1.102plf
> >

> > I tried the disabled option and it said tcmplex was missing....
> > ___
>

> Just a followup, I forced an install of
>
> transcode-0.6.9-1plf (after solving many dependencies :-()
>
> and now  nuvexport --transcode has all options enabled.
>

> (I think this rpm system has some gotchas in it still, despite
> urpmi.     <sigh> )

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.