[mythtv-users] Missing tables in database.

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:17:03 EDT 2005

On 7/13/05, Michael Luich <ravenhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey all. I've discovered I'm missing some tables from mythconverg  not
> all of them but it looks lik the dd set. no channel info.
>
> Any idea's running setup did not rbuild them, all i can think of is
> exporting what I have , removing the db, rebuild then import.
>
> (going out of town tommorrow and REALLY need to record new scifi's!!)

As a quickest fix, that's probably the best approach.

As I understand it, the tables would only be automatically recreated
if the database schema version was downlevel enough that the tables
were created as part of the upgrade process. But most likely you'd
have to revert to version "0" to get that low.... in which case it's
probably more likely to succeed if you just export, drop, and import.

Just my opinion. I don't think I've ever gone through the process of
rebuilding my database though, so I'm not sure if it's much of a
headache. Maybe someone else has horror stories to share... ;)

--
aaron