[mythtv-users] myth recording on "invisible" channels

rachel o'connor mythtv at vireo.org
Wed Jul 13 09:57:25 EDT 2005

hi,

I have both cable and directv inputs into my card, but I only get the very basic
locals on my cable, and I don't get the basic networks on DirecTV. I have the
cable tuner prioritized higher, and I'm having a problem where myth keeps trying
to record on channels I don't get on cable. I've set these channels to
"visible=0" in the database, but it still chooses to prioritize them over the
channels I actually get on directv.  For example, I don't get Cartoon network on
Cable, but I do on Directv, and myth still tries to record it on cable.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Sorry if this is a repeat question, but
I've tried to search the list to no avail.

Thanks in advance!
Rachel