[mythtv-users] setting up remote - pvr350

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Wed Jul 13 08:00:42 EDT 2005

>HI,
>  i have been trying to setup the remote for PVR-350 - PAL, the new card.
>but havent got it working.
>
>The remote is the new Silver-Gray one with 43-buttons.
>
>any links which have info about setting up the new remote...
>
>i am using Knoppmyth.
>
>thanks

Which ivtv are you using. When i set mine up I used the LIRC HowTo
and it worked fine. i needed to use "irw" to figure out which remote
I had and then I needed to match the button names from the lircd.conf
and the .lircrc files to get them to work but that was pretty
straight forward. i had the GRAY remote and I think the KnoppMyth
defaults to the silver one

http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=LIRCHowTo

I just used the LIRC that shipped in the R5A16 I loaded. i didn't
recompile it as the HowTo mentioned I just did the configuration