[mythtv-users] DVD rip preserving menus

Matthew K. Lee fratlee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:08:42 EDT 2005

On 5/24/05, Jonathan Watmough <jonathan.watmough at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > > Feel free to call me an idiot, but if someone can provide a quick step
> > > by step I would greatly appreciate it.
> >
> > > --Garry
> >
> > From Andrew's instructions, I've done the following and it seems to
> work...
> >
> > 1. Insert DVD and run xine, let it start playing the DVD, then exit it.
> > 2. dd if=/dev/dvd of=/video/movie.iso bs=2048 (replace path and filename
> to suit)
> > 3. xine dvd:///video/movie.iso
> >
> > Optionally, go into the File Types Settings in MythTV Video setup and
> create a new filetype called iso with the command set to xine -pfhq dvd://%s
> >
> > --
> > Derek

I've tried to follow these steps, but xine gives an error when trying
to play the .iso image.  It says:

- xine engine error -
There is no demuxer plugin to handle
'/video/dvd/myvideo.iso'
Usually this means the file format was not recongized.

Did anyone else encounter this issue?  If so, what did you do to fix it?

Xine 1.01
Fedora Core 3
libdvdcss installed

Thanks,