[mythtv-users] ivtv headaches

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Jul 12 07:26:52 EDT 2005

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Neil Terry
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 11:59 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] ivtv headaches

I'm having an incredibly difficult and frustrating time figuring out how to
solve a problem I'm having with my pvr-150 capture card.  For some reason,
my ivtv driver does not seem to work most of the time and I am usually met
with the I/O error when I try to run the 'cat /dev/video0 >
/video/buffer/test.mpg' command.  As per the ivtv faq, I'm assuming it might
be an error that is correctable by unloading/reloading the module.

However, whenever I try to 'rmmod ivtv', I am told 'ERROR: Module ivtv is in
use'.  I have made sure that mythbackend is not running, just in case that
was screwing things up.  upon examining the output from lsmod, I can see
that the info for ivtv is:
"ivtv         1331396    1"
from what I can gather, the use count is still at 1, but I have no idea what
is using it, so I can't find a way to reload the module.  Any idea how I can
unload the module so I can reload it?  btw - I have tried rmmod with the -f
and -w flags to no avail.

cheers,

Neil

First, this issue would be better handled by going to the ivtv list/forums.
Second, which version of the ivtv driver are you using?
Third, provide the dmesg output you get when you load the driver.