[mythtv-users] Controlling Myth via scripts

Douglas Fraser ds-fraser at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 22:57:45 EDT 2005

Sirs:

I have a setup that needs to record a show each night then play it back the
next day (all day) in a loop.  I've set the box up for now just using the
ivtv (pvr-350) drivers and some bash shell scripts.  But I know that they
will start asking for more options then shell scripts easily allow.

So, is there a way to talk to Myth from the command line?  That way I could
use the MythWeb, commercial flagging, pause, skip and a remote.  Yet still
have the box loop play the program out during the day.

Thanks for any pointers or help.

Douglas