[mythtv-users] MythTV Screen grab

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 22:53:05 EDT 2005

I may be wrong in this, but I don't think that you
can.  (Well, you could always try a digital camera,
but that's probably not be what you're looking for.)

XVideo uses a common technique called "overlay", which
means that the video is drawn on top of areas of the
screen of a certain color (in this case, the blue area
that you got in your screen capture).  The video
doesn't actually go into the screen buffer that the
screen capture can use, the video card skips that step
and draws it straight to the screen.

-- Joe