[mythtv-users] zero length recordings w/ pcHDTV

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:02:03 EDT 2005

On 7/11/05, Tom McKearney <tommck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running pretty recent code and I still get issues with zero length
> recordings with my pcHDTV 3000 cards. I'm running the pcHDTV 1.6
> drivers on kernel 2.6.5.  I'm on SuSE 9.1 and  I get no error messages
> that I can see.

Strong, very strong second here to abandon the old 1.6 stuff.

Having built two MythTV systems, both using kernel 2.6.12 with
DVB support built in, I can emphatically recommend moving to
the lastest kernel.

This could mean that you might have compile mythtv yourself
to get the DVB support turned on within myth, but again - it is
really worth it.  All the old battles go away, and you are left with
a solid, reliable, working HDTV video recorder.

--
MM