[mythtv-users] How to choose tuner for recording?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:35:28 EDT 2005

On 7/9/05, Christopher Isip <cmisip at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two backends each with 250 gig of free space.  THe first
> backend has tuner 1 and 2.  The second backend has tuner 4. (I lost
> tuner 3).   I notice that when I schedule recordings, the tuner that
> is almost always selected is tuner 1.  This is probably going to
> fillup my first backend.  Is there a way to choose a tuner to use (
> and hence a backend) on a per recording basis?

i'm not sure if you can set it on a 'per recording' basis.  you can
set your tuner priorities when you set your tuners up in the initial
setup.  for example, if you have an older bttv card, you can set its
priority lower than your nice PVR-xx0 so that it will only record when
the PVR is busy.  you may be able to set up specific recording
profiles for each show that you want recorded that may be able to be
assigned to a specific tuner.  i don't see that functionality in
MythWeb, but i haven't looked through the recording profiles in MythTv
in a while to see what options are available...