[mythtv-users] Problem with 'startupCommand' not executing..

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 07:25:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have just one unresolved issue with the mythtv box: when the computer is
automatically started (e.g. through nvram-wakeup) , I would like it to keep
from starting the fronted so that the backend will shut the bow down again
after the recording is completed.

For this, I use the following startupCommand:

mythtv at mythtv ~ $ cat /usr/local/bin/mythguictrl
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use warnings;
> use strict;
>
> package main;
>

> my $lockfile ='/home/mythtv/.mythguilock';
>
> -e $lockfile and unlink $lockfile;
>
> if( $ARGV[0] and ( $ARGV[0] eq "auto") ){
>
> open LOCK,'>',$lockfile;
> print LOCK "1";
> close LOCK;
>
> }

This script works as expected:

 mythtv at mythtv ~ $ /usr/local/bin/mythguictrl auto
> mythtv at mythtv ~ $ ls -al /home/mythtv/.mythguilock
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv users 1 Jul 10 13:19 /home/mythtv/.mythguilock
> mythtv at mythtv ~ $ /usr/local/bin/mythguictrl user
> mythtv at mythtv ~ $ ls -al /home/mythtv/.mythguilock
> ls: /home/mythtv/.mythguilock: No such file or directory

I've set this up in the database:

 mythtv at mythtv ~ $ echo "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value =
> 'startupCommand';" |mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
> Enter password:
> value data hostname
> startupCommand /usr/local/bin/mythguictrl $status NULL

However, when MythTV starts up automatically, the lockfile is not created.
Does anyone know how to resolve this? I think it worked in 0.17, but I have
reinstalled everything since then due to a
meltdown.

/Fredrik

--
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/