[mythtv-users] Getting New Channels from Zap2It

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 9 12:38:21 EDT 2005

Derek Battams wrote:

>Recently, new channels were added to my lineup and those new channels were
>automatically selected in my profile on Zap2It Labs.  However, those channels
>are not showing up in my listings within the Myth EPG.  Is there something I
>need to do within Myth in order for it to pick up the new channels and add them
>to my lineup?  Shouldn't channel additions/changes be automatically picked up
>and processed by Myth?

They are.  I--as a DISH network customer--know this for a fact.  I have
to edit my DataDirect profile at least once every 2 weeks because new
channels--to which I don't subscribe (mainly local channels for other
designated market areas)--were added.  Last year, I had to edit it about
once every 3 days--by now, I've probably modified it at least 100 times
to maintain the same 13 channels in my listing.  The only way I know to
go edit my profile is when I see a new channel listed in Myth.

You may have set something in Myth that prevents their showing up.
Perhaps favorites or something...

Mike