[mythtv-users] Help with lirc_i2c - nothing happens..

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 02:21:23 EDT 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 06:31 pm, Michael Jones wrote:
> I've got this thing *almost* working.
>
> One exception though.. lirc_i2c
>
> I have 2 separate hauppauge controllers.. a PVR150MCE and a PVR250.  I'm
> trying to use the remote for the PVR250 (which is the second card,  the 150
> is 0 and the 250 is 1)
>
> Everything with lirc seems to start and work correctly, but when I use the
> /usr/bin/irw program to check communication nothing works.
>
> Here's my modrobe.conf file
>
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
> alias eth0 r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 1.1.2
> alias eth1 sis900
> alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> options snd-card-0 index=0
> install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
> /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
> alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
> alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
> # nvidia kernel module
> alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-7174
> alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-7174
> # ivtv (PVR-150MCE)
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
> alias tuner tuner-ivtv
> alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
> #options cx25840 no_black_magic=1
> install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c
>
> I've followed wilson.net instructions and even double/triple/quadruple
> checked everything and can't seem to find an issue..
>
> I'm using the control file from the web site for the grey and black
> (older?) remote..
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> - Michael

What version of lirc are you using?  My remote on my PVR-350 stopped working
with versions greater than 0.7.0-r1 (on Gentoo).  So if you're running 0.7.1,
try downgrading to 0.7.0 and see what happens.  Maybe the latest version
works, I'm not sure.  I never really looked into it.  I just use the slightly
older version and call it a day.  Although, I did just get a PVR-150 and I
believe 0.7.1 is needed to support it, so I might be fiddling with it again
soon.

~Lou