[mythtv-users] IMDB Screen Scrap... legal?

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Fri Jul 8 17:45:31 EDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Aaron Stewart wrote:

> Getting back to my original point.. How many people want to volunteer
> for writing up reviews using a remote control and selecting letters
> individually? ;)

A remote interface that uses morse code could be written. Apologies to
those that do not read /.

Seriously though, even if you don't have a keyboard on your front end,
I doubt there are many people who run myth on a frontend without a
keyboard that do not have another machine without a keyboard. You could
run the frontend on your desktop to write reviews with your keyboard,
or it could be a mythweb module, and you could use the keyboard on your
regular browser.

As for the real point, the reviews would have to be much better than,
for example, the product reviews on Amazon. While there are benefits to
everyone having a voice, the spam factor also comes into play.

-Michael