[mythtv-users] Freqid and Sky Digital

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:10:32 EDT 2005

On 7/8/05, Darren Coleman <daz at superficial.net> wrote:
> [...]

Perhaps you need to use a dummy script that MythTV can innocently run
when trying to change channel. If the channel change script value is
populated with a script the exists, Myth will not try to tune
automatically to the freqid.

I think that if there is no script being called, the channel change
will fail, and myth will remain on the same channel it was on before.
If Myth thinks the channel change script returned OK, it will probably
then update the OSD with the new channel info.

Does browse mode work though when watching the feed from the Sky box?
I.e. just getting the different channel info but not trying to
actually change channel?

> Hope I'm being clear - I know it's a slightly confusing scenario.  It would
> probably be easier if I was using a DVB card, with the Sky signal being fed
> directly into the card in the PC - but then I would only be able to view
> Free-to-Air channels (all premium Sky channels are encrypted and require the
> STB to decrypt).

Only if the DVB card was a DVB-S card probably. I'm not sure if the
Sky box would provide a DVB-T version on the channels and not DVB-S as
it's coming from satellite and not OTA.

Nick