[mythtv-users] MythMusic does not tag MP3's?

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:42:21 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Matt Hannan <matthannan1 at cox.net> wrote:
> I just noticed that all of the mp3's that I am creating via MythMusic do
> not have ID3 tags on them.

They are probably there, just not in a version your tools/software can
read - try installing

id3lib

It has a convert utility.

>From mythmusic/README

__NB__: The libid3tag library writes ID3v2.4 format tags, which
         seem to be less supported than the v2.3 version. Any MP3 file created
         or editited in MythMusic will use ID3v2.4 tags.
         amarok and Juk both support this format of tags as does the
libmad output
         plugin for xmms.