[mythtv-users] [OT] NForce2 Mono sound only

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Thu Jul 7 11:00:17 EDT 2005

>>> jcaputo1 at comcast.net 7/7/2005 10:25 AM >>>
>On Wednesday 06 July 2005 23:05, Trevor Hill wrote:
>> This is somewhat off-topic, but it's preventing me from moving forward
>> with my Myth re-install and the 7NIF2 is such a popular motherboard
>> for Myth users that I figured I would ask here.

I don't have that motherboard, but I have an Abit N7F which is based on nForce2.

>> I think my biggest problem is that I'm not even sure where I need to
>> play with things to enable this (or set it as the default) *
>> .asoundrc, modprobe.conf, somewhere else...

This is from my gentoo system, but you might get some mileage out of it on FC if you can figure out where to put these items...

ALSA module load options:

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0