[mythtv-users] Playback has blueish colors...

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Wed Jul 6 21:52:15 EDT 2005

Robin Edgar Hansen wrote:
> Hello list-members,
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to why the playback/liveTV on mythfrontend
> has wrong colors? I see nothing suspicious in the log output from
> The recorded material is OK
> and playback with mplayer works fine *before* mythfrontend has run.
> Afterwards mplayer shows the same blueish colors, but only when using XV
> for output (whereas -vo X11 remains OK). Restarting the X-server makes
> mplayer -vo xv work again. So, has the X server (or the XV part) been
> put in a bad state?

Robin,

Finally I have found someone with the same problem I have!
Have you tried to press the <G> key while in liveTV? In my case I can
get the picture ok but it does not stick. If I close mythtv after
pressing G and getting the  picture ok then mplayer works ok.
So somehow the adjustment is transfer to the ivtv module, however if you
change channels after pressing the G key and having the picture ok, when
you go to the new selected channel the color is wrong again. Seems that
the changes are not change in the tables and whenever mythtv reads it
get the same old values.? I wonder if there is a problem with permissions.
Let's keep in touch and see if you can solve the proble,

Regards,

-=terry(Denver)=-