[mythtv-users] ffmpeg or nuvexport as a user job

Lawrence Campbell larryc at cstech.org
Wed Jul 6 14:46:38 EDT 2005

My ultimate goal is to record a show, then export that show to a
secondary player friendly format automatically.  My current approach
is to have a User Job process the recording (just to keep it all in
mythtv).  Using nuvexport I can successfully export to my formats of
choice (psp and xvid) but am trying to introduce more automation.

ATTEMPT #1:  nuvexport cli only

  How would I go about building a command for nuvexport?  I'm thinking
  it would look something like this:

  nuvexport --infile=%FILE% --confirm --cutlist --path=/myth/nuvexport/nuv2psp --nice=19 --mode=psp --deinterlace --noise_reduction +--crop

  Also, how can I keep the gui from blowing up
  /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log?

ATTEMPT #2: ffmpeg

  How would I go about building the command for ffmpeg?  I think
  maybe:

  ffmpeg -y -i INFILE -bitexact -f psp -s 320x240 -r 29.97 -b 768 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 24000 -ab 32 M4V10005.MP4

  I haven't tried the ffmpeg approach yet as I'm not sure how to pass
  variables to the commmand line.  These specifically:

    INFILE
    Show title
    Episode title

  This way my file could be named "Show title" - "Episode title".MP4
  instead of PSP's special format.  (I can name it M4V10005 later on,
  just need to be able to tell what's what with many in a folder).

Thanks to Byron Poland for getting me started with the ffmpeg command
line on his blog: http://tube013.org/?p=317

--
Lawrence Campbell