AW: [mythtv-users] Slow program change...

Jochen Kühner jochen.kuehner at
Wed Jul 6 03:46:56 EDT 2005

I don’t use a card with hardware mpeg decoder/encoder.

I use a skystar2

Von: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Morten Rønseth
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2005 09:33
An: Discussion about mythtv
Betreff: Re: [mythtv-users] Slow program change...

Jochen Kühner wrote:

Is it possible to speed up changing between the programs????

I use mythtv with dvb-s and it takes up to 5-7 seconds to change the

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at

Sure, you can speed it up (the following assumes you are using ivtv). My box
now takes on average 2 -3 secs, apart from when I press "1" where myth waits
to see if there is another keypressess before it makes the switch (i.e.
channels 10 - 19):

1. RAM. Get as much as you can carry, it's cheap
2. Latest version of the IVTV driver
3. Startup of ivtv: with "/sbin/modprobe ivtv mpg_buffers=8"

All in all this has done wonders for mwe.

Hope this helps.

Morten Lerskau Rønseth
Odinsvei 15c                     mailto:morten at
1413 Tårnåsen                    Tlf.: (47) 6680 9191
Norway                           Mob : (47) 9343 4357