[mythtv-users] Duplicate channels for HDTV alongside analog cable...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jul 5 19:53:48 EDT 2005

Chad wrote:
> Myth did a scan for channels when I added a high def source, and it
> worked!!!  Woohoo!  But now, I've got duplicate channels...
>
> I have comcast ananlog cable.  The stations are basically 2-90.  There
> are some that overlap, such as 41 is CNN on comcast, but OTA HDTV
> channel 41 is KUTV-DT (I think).  So..
>
> How do I tell myth to record the high def channel 41, and not the 41
> cable?  Or more generally, how can I differentiate these duplicates
> that aren't actually duplicates?

Or more specifically, where do you think you see "41" as being
ambiguous? If you choose to record CBS Evening News, it's not
going to record Aaron Brown by mistake. Even in Manual Record
the combobox will show the long station name to indicate which
station (thus source/input). Internally, there are two different
rows for chanids 1041 (source 1, callsign "CNN") and  2041
(source 2, callsign "KUTV-DT").

Under Setup->TV Settings->General make sure your "Channel format"
is the default "number callsign" so you can see the callsigns in
the EPG and all the lists.

--  bjm