[mythtv-users] MythTV manual recording -- newbie question

Vincent Yau v_yau2 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:51:08 EDT 2005

Hi:

I am a newbie to MythTV.  I am able to watch TV with my MyTV and I have a
bttv 878 based
capture card.   My Linux kernel is 2.6.9 with Fedora 3.
I was trying to use MythTV to capture.  I fire up mythfrontend,
went into the recordings screen and try to do the manual recordings.
I have DirecTV so I cannot do any Guide listing or program search.
All I hope to do is schedule a manual recording.

I went to that screen but it does not seem to have any "save" menu.
I click on "Set options" and I can see the "Save" option.  But I cannot
click on it as that is not an option I can select.

How can I use MythTV to schedule recordings?

thanks

--vincent